ROCK CREEK MOLDING SERVICES
- We have 80 ton and 150 ton presses
- Our shot capacity is up to 6.5 ounces or more with intrusion.
- Custom machining and wire forming.
- Each individual part is 100 % inspected.
- We have had significant experience with molding tubes using TPE's, with bore sizes ranging from .210" to 1.50" in a range of durometers.
- We make extensive use of "insert tooling", in which we make only the inserts for our customers. Which allows for both a shorter lead time to parts, and a significant cost savings in tooling.
- We offer maintenance and repair for customer tools that we run in house.
- We do offer warehousing for some parts.
- A typical example of molding with 2nd ops would be a check valve in which we mold the part, tap an 8-32 hole, install a neoprene check ball and a retaining pin, then cut a 1/4 NPT thread on the pin end, then chamfer the same end.
- Occasionally, we can quote parts with no tooling cost whatsoever to our customers.
A good example of this would be our metering tips. Made in 20 different colors that represent 20 different orifice sizes from .006" to .075", with tolerance of a plus or minus .001". Parts have 7/32 hex for installing and removal with an 8-32 thread.
- Displayed parts made from tools built in house include - TPE tubes, TPE washers, seals and plugs, spear gun reel parts, vacuum cleaner parts, post-it-note holder and pencil holder, 2 piece, snap together label dispenser for rolled address labels, brackets, knobs, metering tips, a metering tip driver, switch plate, sprayer caps, aircraft instrument bezels, aircraft instrument cover lenses , polycarb bolts, caster bushings, and not shown is a vacuum cleaner motor housing (9 oz. shot) and cover.